Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Review: Bared to you by Sylvia Day

Note: The following book review is for followers and readers who are 18 years of age or older. If you are younger, I love you dearly but please feel free to skip this one and peruse my other reviews. Thanks!!!

Book: Bared to you
By: Sylvia Day
Published: April 3, 2012
Published by: Berkley Publishing Group

Description: Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness...
He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires. The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

My Thoughts: Being a lover of Fifty Shades of Grey but still having a few qualms about it's writing style and the main characters made me slowly lean toward giving this book a try. Many people say its better than FSOG, especially in terms of writing style and the characters. In my opinion, it was. Like FSOG, both main characters have haunting pasts, they connect through sex, and they like dominance/submission, although Eva didn't allow the whole whips, chains and spankings (at least not yet). Yes, this book was everything FSOG wasn't.

Since this book is not for those under 18, and since I'm sure many of my followers who are under the age of 18 are still reading this, I won't give out all the gory, hot, and steamy details of this book (boy, were there many). Just know that they were definitely in there in full swing. Gideon Cross was powerful, rich, dominating, and sexy as crap. To me, visually, he was like the definition of everything good and bad about a man. He had a temper, he was protective, he had wounds he wanted to cover up, he craved sex, and he wanted control and power. If I'd have met him, I honestly would have felt the same way Eva did. (Don't tell anyone, but there's this guy at my job that gives off the same vibes, minus the rich part, it seems I can't quite talk correctly every time he's around, and I tend to stare at him like he was gods gift to women. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to really know me, or that I blush uncontrollably every time I see him. Pitiful!)

Eva is strong, and weak at the same time. She makes some really stupid decisions, but she still makes sense. She also (infuriatingly) tends to run away from her problems a lot, which annoys me a bit, but I do it too so I can't talk. She knows not to let a man control her. She knows not to do stuff she doesn't want to do. She's her own woman and she stands on her own two feet, but she too has a past that she fights with, and the two of them together help them overcome the atrocities of their pasts. I love their chemistry and devotion, and irrational love for each other.

I don't want to give too much away, most of the appeal of this book (besides the steamy scenes) is finding out the inner workings of these characters and watching to see what happens next. I give it 4 stars.

2 comments:

Lan said...

You know what? I will probably read this one now that you've said it's better than FSOG. I read half a page of that and had to stop. LOL at your story about the guy from work. I wish I had someone at work like that to make it less boring!

Sherre said...

Haha. It's not for everyone.

Yea the guy at work is something to behold. I find myself timing myself just right so that i can "coincidentally" see him on the elevator or in the hallway. Like I said before. Pitiful.

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I love Reading them. If you are a New follower, let me know and I will be sure to follow back!