Monday, April 29, 2013

Review: Hope by Theresa M. Jones

Book: Hope
By: Theresa M. Jones
Published: April 29, 2013
Published By: Self Published

Description: Allison now understands who she is and where she comes from, but will it be enough to save the world? She went through a dangerous journey, dragging her young daughter along for the ride, in an attempt to stop the evil Rising Leader, Damien, from opening the Seven Seals and bringing about the Apocalypse.

But she hasn’t succeeded yet. The Rising still thrives and Lilith has made it her mission to open the remaining Seals so that she and her minions can rule the Earth.

David and Allison hope that love can conquer all, but in reality, love is never enough. Will they, along with the rest of the gang back at the Compound, be able to stop the Rising?

And where is The Descendant that is prophesied to save them all?


My Thoughts: This second book in the "Power" series was even better than the first. (To see the review of the first book, click here) Aptly titled Hope the entire story was about just that. It revolved around the power of hope (for the good and the bad), what to do when it is lost, and shows that without it, you have nothing.

This book picked up right where power left off. Allison and David are going strong and about to get married. Allison now knows who she is and how to finally control her power. She's happy for the most part, and ready to try to help make the world a better place as much as she possibly can. Unfortunately, the Rising is still thriving and its new leader, Lilith, is getting entirely too strong. They're working on a plan to rule the world (of course) and turn it to crap.

This was a quick and exciting read. It started off pretty happily and light with the wedding and all the love and I enjoyed reading about it, though that section did seem a little unnecessarily long. Nonetheless it was cute. The bad guys are still being bad and I was happy to see that this leader played the part well. Though she still didn't scare me due to the fact that her actions seemed to be caused by fear and she was too into her beauty to make me scared, she did annoy the crap out of me, and she did enjoy carnage quite a lot. The story was still a bit predictable, but much less so than the last one and I really enjoyed reading it.

There was one thing I really didn't like about the story and that was bits and pieces of the ending. Without giving it away, I'll just say some of the events were a little too convenient. Things seemed to happen right on time and all the tools necessary just so happened to be nearby, and if they weren't the characters could just use their power to do it for them. Speaking of tools, I've never encountered such a sharp letter opener in my life, just saying.

I must say though, that this book was a good read and certainly had me hooked. If things in this series progress the way they are, I know the next book is going to be outstanding. It seems this author takes her reader's opinions into consideration for all her next books because almost everything I felt bad about in the previous book was fixed. That certainly sits well with me. I would recommend this book series to people who like Fantasy books where the main character is an established adult, not a moody teenager, and stories about humans blessed by the gods to protect the world. I give this story 3.5 stars.

3 comments:

Mrs. Jones said...

Thank you for participating in the hop!!

Im glad you enjoyed Hope better than Power! :)
(And... I can we all better watch out for how sharp those letter openers are! haha)
-Theresa Jones

rommelxaine said...

Yet another book by Mrs Jones that I could not put down! She's a talented author and I, for one cannot wait until book 3 is out.

Wait till you see Cloud Contact Center Integrators

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I love Reading them. If you are a New follower, let me know and I will be sure to follow back!