Monday, May 20, 2013

Quickie Review: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

Book: Clockwork Princess (The Infernal Devices #3)
By: Cassandra Clare
Published: March 19, 2013
Published by: Margaret K. McElderry Books

Description: Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.


My Thoughts: Clockwork Princess was the best and worst book of this particular series. It broke my heart and had me blubbering like a fool (a feat that I bet most audiobook listeners will agree is pretty embarrassing when you're around others). Everything finally came to a conclusion, and I loved the conclusion, but this book played with my emotions so freaking much it was ridiculous. We finally figure out exactly what Tessa is, and who she chooses, and we understand everything. If you have yet to start this series and have been curious, my suggestion would be for you to read it. The whole series is out so there's no worry about lag time. Go for it, but be prepared to get your emotions messed with. Cassandra Clare has a way with getting you emotionally invested, and then ripping the ground out from under you, only to catch you at the last minute. I give this 5 stars.

1 comments:

Lan said...

There have been a few upset reviews about how this one turned out but I'm glad you enjoyed it. I still haven't gotten around to reading this series. The cover is just gorgeous though!

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I love Reading them. If you are a New follower, let me know and I will be sure to follow back!