Monday, August 12, 2013

Review: Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

Book: Eleanor & Park
By: Rainbow Rowell
Published: February 26, 2013
Published by: St. Martins Press

Description: Set over the course of one school year in 1986, ELEANOR AND PARK is the story of two star-crossed misfits – smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love – and just how hard it pulled you under.

My Thoughts: This story is so freaking cute I want to cuddle it in my bed and pet its pages. (Too creepy?)

Its told in alternating POV's. One MC is Eleanor, the "chubby" red headed new girl at school with problems at home and self image issues. She's bullied and stuff at school and has a horrible/poor family life. The other MC, Park, is a half Korean  somewhat popular guy at school with a somewhat excellent home life. They meet on Eleanor's first day of school, and the rest, you'll have to read to find out.

OMG its so cute. It speaks of first love, how intense and life changing it is, but still fickle and breakable. It;s intense, and touching, and innocent, but maddening and horrible. Eleanor and Park are both good for each other and bad for each other. This book made me laugh and cry and smile and remember every second of my first relationship.

This book was so good and the audio narration was great. I would recommend it to anyone who likes a good love story. I give it 4.5 Stars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I love Reading them. If you are a New follower, let me know and I will be sure to follow back!